Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Have You Forgotten Me?

Hi Everyone:

"Life" has gotten in my way over the past couple of months. My brother is ill and I have been away from Home for some time, off and on...Besides that, this time of year is really busy for us with Harvesting, Canning, etc., etc., etc.

I said some time ago that I was hooking a mat for a project and I would show it when the Exhibit was over. The Exhibit was at "The Five Island Art Gallery" in Tors Cove, Newfoundland. It was to show our Irish / Newfoundland connection and was held in September until October 21st. Some artists and guests from Ireland attended this great event but because of my brother's illness, I could not attend; however, I was pleased to have been given the opportunity to have my mat displayed among the others there. Although this picture does not do justice to it, I am posting it anyways. Some day I may learn to use the camera...I need lessons...any pointers? :) :)

10 comments:

  1. This is soo pretty...love the colors! Yes, you have been missed. Hope you have all those veggies done! I remember that huge garden from the spring! We are having our giveaway this week...please stop by. Take care. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been absent as well but when I saw this new post I rushed right over to read,, beautiful work,, welcome back,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne, We missed you Love your rug, Hugs Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely. I can tell you must have put a ton of time into this piece because of all the shades in the waves. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have not forgotten you at all! So glad to hear from you, my dear. Your rug is luscious, as usual. You are one talented lady. So sorry to hear about your brother. I hope he sees healing soon. Take good care! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne, I've had a bit of problem with my Gmail account but all is well now. I'm sorry about your brother's illness.
    I'm so glad that you posted this now as you are the second blog post that I read tonight. Your rug is just so beautiful and tells a great story. You really have a gift to express your stories. Take care and I hope that your brother heals. I offer my prayer for your intentions. Hugs, JB

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always nice to hear from you - whenever you get a chance. I hope things settle down for you.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. So good to hear from you again Anne - yes, you were missed... So sorry to hear of your brother's illness...Hope there is healing in God's plan - and the doctors' hands.... It is regretful you were not able to attend the exhibit - but what an honor to have your mat included. And what a soulful one it is....Such vivid colors too. Wishing you a November of blessings....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anne, I am glad you are still able to work pon your rugs and mats. I know how "life" gets in the way. I am just getting back to my painting again. Hope to finish 2 this week. Take care, friend. I'll be back to check in from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful statement rug-From an Island-To an Island, I really love it. I'm new to rug hooking & have just completed my 1st rug & I'm really appreciating the artist work that each rug takes, from the beginning design, to the rug hooking itself. Sorry to hear about your brother Anne.
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete