Friday, February 4, 2011

New Rug Frame

Well, this is my sixth rug frame and while it is a "beauty", I am still not certain if this is yet what I am searching for. I guess I am spoiled by the fact that I can sit at my "Cheticamp" style one and see the majority of the mat I am working on, while with a smaller one, I am limited. This frame I bought on EBay and is solid Oak, swivels, turns 360 degrees and can be lowered, if need be and made by a man whose surname was "Turney", thus a Turney Rug Frame...I bought the cover because it has gripper strips and even though I have it, I still manage to nick my finger somewhere along the way and find that when I move the mat around to work on, I manage to tear out some of my work....choice words follow sometimes.....

Also, on EBay, I bought this beautiful "sari silk" yarn. It was sent to me all the way from INDIA, with no shipping charges...I couldn't believe that and thought there must be a catch there somewhere, but no....and all six pieces for less than twenty dollars...Needless to say, I am quite pleased with my purchase..

8 comments:

  1. Hi Anne, I have several frames but the grippers are not my favorites. I always get nicked,Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a similar type frame last year and I have never taken it out of the box. The sari looks pretty and that is a great price. Deanne F. sells a large variety in her shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a good deal on the Sari!...have never tried any frames besides the ones that Hubby has made for me.....don't think I would like the grippers...let me know how it works out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I assume you are asking about my frame (?) I use a simple frame that tilts and has carpet tack around the edge. The one still in the box is like yours only a lap model.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne, I just awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award. Check out my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandee, thanks so much for this great award...those are mighty big words you said about me....thank you...I will tend to this as soon as I figure it all out....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there anywhere besides Deanne's website that you can purchase the cheticamp frame. I'm a beginner and I do not like hooking on my small hoop. It looks like you like the cheticamp configuration the best. Something tells me the cheticamp is the way to go. Nice site.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete