Wednesday, September 2, 2009

One Great Day


Today was a very busy one, to say the least. We are into haymaking and for in between times, I decided to pick some wild raspberries that grow on our land. It was such a beautiful, sunny day with just enough wind blowing to keep the flies away. As I picked, I thought of the beauty around me. The sheep were making their calls for lambs that had wandered a little from their sight, the hens did their clucking as they picked away at the grass, the sea was making those soft sounds as it brushed up against the rocks, chickadees made their presence known. Then there is Mona, one of our Maramma sheep guard dogs coming around every now and again to make sure I was ok. What more comfort and beauty can you find than that? Then there is the drought in Africa and when you see that on TV, it makes you realize just how blessed we are.....

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried the Mustard Pickles yet but soon. I didn't grow cucumbers this year so I have to rely on the stores or farmer's market and hard to get right now.

    I wish we were neighbours!

    ReplyDelete