Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Recipe

Hope you will try and like this recipe. We sure did......

BEET RELISH

4 LBS. Cooked Beets
4 LGE. Onions
3 LGE.Green Peppers
1 TBSP. Whole Cloves
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 1/2 cups Vinegar

Grind beets, onions and green peppers. Tie cloves in bag. In large kettle combine vegetables, clove bag, sugar and vinegar. Add 1/2 cup water and 1 tablespoon salt. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Cover. Simmer 20 minutes. Stir occasionally. Remove clove bag--put into HOT jars. Process in hot water bath 15 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Anne, how do you grind up the beets? By hand or an appliance like a meat grinder?

    I will certainly try this one out. We love your b/b pickles and the marinated carrots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, I used my food processor. After cooking the beets I cut them into pieces and the food processor handled them quite well; I have a small processor, by the way. Of course, the onions and peppers were ground raw.
    Glad you like the B&B. pickles and marinated carrots. I think they are delish, too......

    ReplyDelete